1 lb halibut fillets (or use a mixture of fish and shrimp) or 1 lb sea bass fillets (or use a mixture of fish and shrimp) or 1 lb red snapper fillet (or use a mixture of fish and shrimp) Any fresh water fish works!
5 -6 limes (Enough Juice to cover fish)
1 cup diced fresh tomato
1 green pepper, sweet, chopped
4 tablespoons chopped parsley or 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (or more to suit your taste)
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 dash Tabasco sauce
lettuce leaf (to line serving bowls)
black olives, sliced (for garnish) (optional)
- 1 Dice the fish (approximately 1/2-inch dice if using shrimp use cleaned shrimp).
- 2 Marinate fish in the lime juice in the fridge overnight (this step cooks the fish).
- 3 Stir often.
- 4 Pour off most of the lime juice (just leave it moist).
- 5 Add remaining ingredients except lettuce, avocado and olive. Do this preferably a few hours before serving & refrigerate.
- 6 Toss well and arrange in individual serving bowls that are lined with the lettuce leaves.
- 7 If you wish garnish with sliced avocado and sliced black olives.