Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Morning Rant ! 25 cents a piece for a night crawler!


OK, so this is my Friday morning rant! The kids went into Kwik Trip which is a local chain store in Wisconsin to get some worms. Every gas station here sells live bait because our town is situated on Lake Winnebago, one of the greatest walleye factories in the world. . Lack of rain and lots of fishing has my stash of worms on the low side. . The average kid can't even afford to  fish any more.  Most of the gas stations live bait customers are kids,after school, who are  in a rush to get to the shore fishing spot. I have been at places where they charge more but now its in my back yard.  I might have found a new boycott ! A gallon of gas is is not far off from a dozen worms? What went up to drive crawlers through the roof? They have jumped 50 per year for the last three years around here. Time to drive out the high price bait dealers and look to maybe start something local..

$3.01 per dozen

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya, man. It’s not like worms are expensive to produce. The price of my artificial worms is going up too. Sometimes I think fishing is just a big racquet to take what is left of my paycheck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $3.01 per dozen??? That's more than a carton of eggs! Craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, my understanding is that these are new and improved gourmet worms. They come in a variety of flavors in case you get hungry. Best part is, if a fish swims by, they body slam them and then yank on the line to let you know you've got a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I will have to get out there some night when its been raining and the hot blacktop roads are covered with them.. What a rip off.

    ReplyDelete